Senior World Designer Bioware Austin Feb 2010 - Current
Star Wars : The Old Republic (PC MMORPG)
· Implemented quests in HeroBlade toolset (a realtime, collaborative networked platform).
· Multiplayer considerations were a major focus of design (instancing / phasing).
· Strong focus on story, player choices have important ramifications.
· Open world, streaming game development for the PC.
· Created compelling gameplay within the structure of the Star Wars licensed IP.
Senior Game Designer Pandemic Studios, Westwood, CA 2008 - 2009 (2 years)
The Saboteur (Xbox360 / PS3 / PC)
· Senior Designer overseeing freeplay group consisting of 6 junior and mid-level designers.
· My personal workload included 12 unique freeplay missions in addition to management and mentoring duties.
· Experience includes
· Lua scripting, both for missions and systems.
· Open world, streaming game develoment.
· Xbox360 and PS3 development environments.
· Visual Studio, Perforce, Softimage XSI experience.
· In late 2008 I instituted a mentoring program for Lua scripting at our studio, drawing from the EA University Curriculum but customizing for our particular implementation of Lua. I continue to lead this program's weekly classes as the primary mentor and organizer.
Game Designer Savage Entertainment, Los Angeles, CA 2006 - 2008
Destroy All Humans 3 (PS2 / PSP)
Transformers : The Game (PSP)
Darpa - Real World Training Sim (PC)
Crises - DoD / Homeland Security Training Sim (PC)
Scooby Doo : Who's Watching Who? (PSP)
· Created original concepts for levels including design doc, sketches, and 3d layouts.
· Whiteboxed levels in 3ds Max.
· Managed artists and programmers in producing levels.
· Scripted level logic in proprietary Sabertooth engine, LUA, and XML using Visual Studio.
· Designed in-house tools, such as Visual Logic Editor and contributed extensively to the in-house Wiki.
· Lead implementation of sound fx, subtitles, and localization.
· Worked with VSS and SVN content management systems.
· Worked with PSP, PS2, and PC development tools.
· Experience working with Engines/Editors
o Operation Flashpoint
Environment Artist GameWizards 2005 - 2006
· Modeled and textured assets for Unreal mod Monstersmash.
· Imported, placed, and tested assets in UnrealEd.
· Created Diffuse, Specular, Bump, and Normal maps.
President, Lead Video Designer Mutagen Visuals 2000 - 2006
· Created Mutagen Visuals to provide video projection services for live events
· Subcontracted for private events, theatrics, tradeshows, concerts, dance clubs, festivals, and more
· Produced custom 2D and 3D graphics and animations for a wide range of corporate clients including Nike, Budweiser, the Majic Johnson Foundation, and more.
Video Game Art and Design (BS) Art Institute of CA, LA 2005 - 2007
· Founded AICLA 3D Club in Winter of 2006 to address the need for
· peer support and information sharing among AICLA students
· Winner, Best of Quarter Award, Game Design and Gameplay
· Winner, Best of Quarter Award, Advanced Level Design
Computer Science (BS) Univ. of Georgia 1996 -2000
· Degree includes 3 years experience programming in C++, one year of
· Java, and four years working in the Unix OS
· Member, Delta Epsilon Iota National Honors Fraternity
· Member, Golden Key National Honor Society
Clubs and Activities
· Member, International Game Developer's Association
· Member, Video Game Voter's Network
· Member, ACM / Siggraph